The Aweta Group has a strong leading position when it comes to turnkey solutions for the grading and packing of fresh fruit and vegetables. The assembly, sales, and service offices are located worldwide in the main fruit and vegetable areas. The Aweta Group has 300 passionate (technical) professionals worldwide.
As an Area Sales Manager, you define a strategy to conduct and execute market development actions to create business opportunities and gain new projects. These actions are based on the segment strategy that you develop together with the sales team. You nurture leads, and gather the relevant information on the technical aspects and the bidding process.
Together with the sales colleague based in Bolzano (IT) and the Sales Director based in Cesena (It) you are responsible for making and executing the sales and marketing plan, understanding the customer’s business, processes, and values, anticipating on this, and with the aim to prepare a spot-on proposition that exceeds customers’ expectations. You influence the decision-making processes and build and maintain strong senior management relationships with the relevant DMU’s of our consistent existing and potential customers.
As Area Sales Manager you lead the sales team during the complete sales cycle, from negotiating terms and conditions to a winning proposal, creating and selling value rather than price. You realize an optimal sales target with the sales of integrated sorting- and packing installation in Central Europe. The sales activities are spread worldwide, but for this position focused on Central Europe. There is close cooperation with colleague Area Sales Managers of our sister organizations as well as with dealers and agents worldwide.
Specifically, the Area Sales Manager’s tasks are related to:
- You will take care of the assigned markets, which are the German-speaking countries (Germany, Switzerland, Austria), Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Maintain relationship with existing customers, find new deals and manage relations with agent / aftersales centers.
- Consider to travel frequently to your assigned market areas and to Cesena (FC – Italy), where the Italian head office is located.
- Acquisition of potential customers and potential markets.
- An adequate approach to customers and the market.
- Draw up quotations and order confirmations on behalf of the customers.
- Price negotiations with customers and dealers within the fixed sales margins.
- Apply delivery conditions as well as delivery times in the right way.
- Has the capability to share facts, ideas, and point of view in a clear way.
- Participate in finding solutions in case commercial problems arise at the delivery of the installation
- Reporting to commercial management
Your workplace will be in Bolzano (South Tyrol), where Aweta has an operational headquarter. You shall coordinate with a colleague in South Tyrol and with the commercial management of Aweta Sistemi in Cesena, FC.
- Preferable Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanics or automation
- Previous experience in sales of industrial automation systems (preferable)in a B2B environment, preferably for an international company
- Wants to be a sales professional for life
- Strong communicational skills, you have a creative and efficient approach to building professional client relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- A natural negotiator
- Travel up to 80%.
- Affinity with technology - knowledge of the fruit and vegetable market is key for this position
- German native speaker, good (verbally and written) Italian and English are required
- Preferable resident in South Tyrol.
- Short term availability.
In the challenging and responsible position of Area Sales Manager you will get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Aweta. This fulltime position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for personal development. We apply the Italian National Contract for Metalworkers Industry.